It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hawaiian Airlines
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:57 pm 
Malihini

I just got an e-mail from Hawaiian Airlines. They are now offering a baggage discount for their frequent flyer members. For tickets purchased on or after March 10, 2014, the fee is $15 for the first bag (a $10 savings) and $20 for the second bag (a $15 savings).

Edited to add: my husband pointed out to me that the baggage discount is for inter-island flights.

Last edited by Kekepania on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hawaiian Airlines
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

A sale? Are they getting desperate for ticket sales? Could a big price slash be far behind? LOL!!!

Thanks for letting us know. I am waiting to see what the sale prices for July may bring.

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:44 pm 
Malihini

I've always wondered, who needs TWO checked bags to Hawaii? And if you can justify needing TWO checked bags, how much do you care that it costs you $35.00?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:21 am 
Malihini

Hawaiian Airlines now allows the first bag free if you have a Hawaiian Airlines credit card. This includes mainland flights. Too bad they don't fly straight into Kona from Seattle.

Todd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:57 am 
Malihini

Yay! I have one. That'll come in handy next year (as long as they don't change their policy by then).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm 
Malihini

As far as I'm concerned, they suck. They charge 20% more miles to redeem than most others, they are hard to deal with, and they keep discontinuing flights to destinations. No more Manila, no more Taipei, and who knows what is next. I fly HA inter-island because there is no other choice, but that's it! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:12 pm 
Malihini

Paniolo Club wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, they suck. They charge 20% more miles to redeem than most others, they are hard to deal with, and they keep discontinuing flights to destinations. No more Manila, no more Taipei, and who knows what is next. I fly HA inter-island because there is no other choice, but that's it! :evil:

While I fly mostly Alaska now, Hawaiian's Mileage tickets to/from the islands is the lowest of any airline I've seen. I've booked round trip tickets on mileage from 35,000 miles (Sea to Koa) on mileage specials. Alaska and most other airlines I've checked start at 40,000. Hawaiian has definitely become more like most other airlines lately, so I don't like them as well as I used to, but I still consider them to be better than most airlines. They used to be way better than most mainland carriers and way more flexible. Not so much anymore but I still think they are a little better than most. If Hawaiian flew straight into Kona from Seattle, I'd probably still be flying Hawaiian.

Todd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:34 am 
Kona Kastoff

Todd wrote:
Paniolo Club wrote:

While I fly mostly Alaska now, Hawaiian's Mileage tickets to/from the islands is the lowest of any airline I've seen. I've booked round trip tickets on mileage from 35,000 miles (Sea to Koa) on mileage specials. Alaska and most other airlines I've checked start at 40,000. Hawaiian has definitely become more like most other airlines lately, so I don't like them as well as I used to, but I still consider them to be better than most airlines. They used to be way better than most mainland carriers and way more flexible. Not so much anymore but I still think they are a little better than most. If Hawaiian flew straight into Kona from Seattle, I'd probably still be flying Hawaiian.

Sorry Todd, wrong! I just booked a flight for my wife from Kona to San Francisco on Delta, 23,000 miles! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (I have not tried Hawaiian, but United was 30,000 miles.)

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:15 am 
Malihini

John S. Rabi wrote:
Sorry Todd, wrong! I just booked a flight for my wife from Kona to San Francisco on Delta, 23,000 miles! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (I have not tried Hawaiian, but United was 30,000 miles.)

I've never flown Delta. Was 23K round trip? Sounds like you must have hit a great deal if so. Most airlines won't even do a mainland flight for under 25K

Todd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:52 am 
Kona Kastoff

Todd wrote:
John S. Rabi wrote:
I've never flown Delta. Was 23K round trip? Sounds like you must have hit a great deal if so. Most airlines won't even do a mainland flight for under 25K
It was one way, and believe it or not, it was for Thanksgiving week! BTW, I don't fly Delta either, it's one of the worst airlines in every aspect, but my wife said she doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to pay for the ticket! :lol: :lol: :lol:

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 am 
Keiki

john if my math is correct that would be 56K miles for a round trip

but giving your wife a one way ticket must have been priceless! lol

i like HA because as soon as your on the plane its all Hawaiian music, decor , in flight Hawaiian videos......gets me in the mood 6 hours before reaching Kona!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:40 pm 
Kona Kastoff

don wrote:
john if my math is correct that would be 56K miles for a round trip, but giving your wife a one way ticket must have been priceless! lol i like HA because as soon as your on the plane its all Hawaiian music, decor , in flight Hawaiian videos......gets me in the mood 6 hours before reaching Kona!
Time to go back to math school. that's 46,000 miles round trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:56 pm 
Keiki

oops :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:46 am 
Kona Kastoff

don wrote:
oops :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:25 am 
Malihini

John S. Rabi wrote:
Todd wrote:
John S. Rabi wrote:
It was one way, and believe it or not, it was for Thanksgiving week! BTW, I don't fly Delta either, it's one of the worst airlines in every aspect, but my wife said she doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to pay for the ticket! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I guess I am wrong only if you book a round trip flight under 35K. One way is 17,500. They do not advertise this on their awards charts (20,000 one way is the cheapest, still lower than 23,000) but they do offer reduced mileage sales on a fairly regular basis. In any case, I still believe Hawaiian has the lowest mileage requirements to/from Hawaii of any airline.

Since I am flying Alaska most often now, I acquired the Alaska credit card. This allows a companion fare of I believe about $120 to be used. I am a little disappointed because they used to allow the companion ticket to be used in first class but it is now only in coach. Hopefully Alaska will step up and match Hawaiian's free bag with their credit card. I usually don't take a bag but sometimes it is nice to be able to. The fact is it is really hard to beat the time savings of flying straight to Kona from Seattle, usually saves about 2 hours, which to me is worth a little more money.

Todd

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]