It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hawaiian Airlines
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:42 am 
Malihini

Has anyone flown Hawaiian to/from the mainland recently? I was checking out the inflight services on their website last night and it reads:
complimentary Mai tai in the a.m. And complimentary wine in the p.m.
As far as I could tell, this was for coach. Just wondering if anyone can verify this for me. I would love a free drink on my flight :drunken:

p.s. instead of calling it "Mainland," they refer to it as "North America." I have to wonder if that was an error on their part or if they did it on purpose for the general public.

WE'LL BE THERE 4 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!! :D

Post subject: Re: Hawaiian Airlines
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 am 
Kona Kastoff

Their Mai Tai is probably just some sugary syrup stored next to a bottle of rum and I'm sure their wine is some kind of industrial wine, so even if it's true, don't get too excited! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 am 
Site Admin

We flew about a year and a half ago and there were no free mai tai's or wine. They still offer that watered down POG, coffee and water along with a tiny bag of nut and fruit mix. They did provide an adequate lunch in each direction. Not the best in airline food but certainly not the worst I have had. Let us know if you get a free drink on the flight. I am curious about it. We will be flying back to the mainland next year and I hope they offer free drinks! Since my wife doesn't drink I will get twice as much!!! :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm 
Malihini

As I recall they do serve a single Trader Vic's pre-mixed Mai Tai on the way to Hawaii. Hawaiian is also one of the few Airlines that still serves a complimentary meal. I haven't flown Hawaiian to much lately since Alaska has a Seattle nonstop into Kona now. I'll be headed that way on Thursday.

Todd

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:19 am 
Malihini

Todd is right we were just on Hawaiian in March. Trader Vic Mai Tai on Hawaiian and Alaska. The free wine (one glass) was cancelled on the return as it was too rough to offer any services. Hawaiian does offer a free meal and it is actually not to bad. Alaska is not into the customer service as much as Hawaiian is but it is easier for us to fly Alaska so we normally do.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:29 pm 
Malihini

http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app/an ... 2#domestic

Can someone please make sense of this for me? Will I only pay $25 for my luggage to go from Phoenix to Kona (change of planes in Honolulu). Or do I have to pay $25 from PHX-HNL and then $17 from HNL-KOA? I usually fly Southwest, so I'm not used to the baggage fees.

Thank you.

p.s. 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY :D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm 
Malihini

If you are flying Hawaiian all the way it should be $25 to your final destination. If you switch airlines it will depend on the agreement between the 2 airlines and how the ticket was booked.

Todd

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:31 pm 
Malihini

Todd is right, if you are on Hawaiian all the way it's only one fee all the way to Kona. Don't know if you are aware (or care), but Hawaiian only charges $ 35 for Preferred Seats to and from the mainland. Much more legroom, and free headphones for the movie. Can't do it till 24 hours before when you check in. They can go really fast, so if you want them be there at exactly the 24 hour mark.

Best to us are the exit rows, then the bulk heads. Pete and the boys are all over 6'3, and in exit row seats they can put their legs all the way out.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:06 pm 
Malihini

Exit rows are great, but, unfortunately, you can't book those seats, you have to see the agent at the airport to change your seat at the airport. They go fast too.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:10 pm 
Kona Kastoff

The last time I flew to the mainland from here was like 15 years ago, so I have no clue what you guys are talking about! I fly to SE Asia every year, and whatever non-US airline I take they don't charge me for anything. In fact, they actually kiss my butt for my business! :) :) :)

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:37 pm 
Malihini

Paniolo Club wrote:
Exit rows are great, but, unfortunately, you can't book those seats, you have to see the agent at the airport to change your seat at the airport. They go fast too.

No, you can book them online 24 hours before the flight leaves. Check in on the Hawaiian website, and when it asks if you want to see other available seats you can choose one if it's available. You can also upgrade to first, again if seats are avaiable for alot less than when you originally make a reservation.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 am 
Kona Kastoff

Joyce wrote:
Paniolo Club wrote:
No, you can book them online 24 hours before the flight leaves. Check in on the Hawaiian website, and when it asks if you want to see other available seats you can choose one if it's available. You can also upgrade to first, again if seats are avaiable for alot less than when you originally make a reservation.
Maybe it's different for inter island, I could never book an exit row seat for those flights on their web site. (I always do the check-in on the web and I never have a suitcase to check-in.)

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:57 pm 
Malihini

I don't even bother looking at the interisland portion when we check in, wouldn't give them an extra dime, just go straight to the mainland part to get the legroom seats. I have been doing it this way for years. With the boys on the mainland between us all we'll take 10 or 15 RT flights to California a year. Used to be only $ 25 but even $ 35 is a deal.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm 
Malihini

Thanks for the tip, Joyce!

John, wouldn't it be nice if all airlines would kiss our ass for giving them our business?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:14 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Kekepania wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Joyce! John, wouldn't it be nice if all airlines would kiss our ass for giving them our business?
I have not flown a domestic airline for 15 years, except inter island. The difference in the level of service is unbelievable between the domestic and foreigner airlines that I have flown. Especially outstanding are Japan Airlines, Thai Airways and Asiana Airlines.

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next