It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Honu0612 wrote:
Slightly losing my mind at times trying to organize all the details for this move but one day at a time and we will be there. In fact we'll be there on August 5th!!! We got our one way tickets to Kona and in just 7 short weeks we'll be in our new home!

A side note I thought I'd share, I found a group on Facebook, KAMA Hawaii, and it's a Mother's group in and around Kona. I've already emailed the page administrator and she's been super nice so hopefully my Daughter and I will be able to find friends and playmates soon after moving.

Otherwise the moving plans are going pretty well, just feels like a lot to do at times.

The key now to a smooth move is timing and execution. I'm sure you already have dates and times written down for everything that is supposed to happen and when. So relax and just stick to your schedule. It will go fine for you.

Are you sure everything is going to fit in the container? If you have any doubts you may want to order a small dumpster to be placed out at your curb just in case. We did that and I still had to call my brother to come pick up some items that I couldn't take with me and I didn't have room for in the dumpster.

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 pm 
Malihini

Kona Dave wrote:
Honu0612 wrote:
Slightly losing my mind at times trying to organize all the details for this move but one day at a time and we will be there. In fact we'll be there on August 5th!!! We got our one way tickets to Kona and in just 7 short weeks we'll be in our new home!

A side note I thought I'd share, I found a group on Facebook, KAMA Hawaii, and it's a Mother's group in and around Kona. I've already emailed the page administrator and she's been super nice so hopefully my Daughter and I will be able to find friends and playmates soon after moving.

Otherwise the moving plans are going pretty well, just feels like a lot to do at times.

The key now to a smooth move is timing and execution. I'm sure you already have dates and times written down for everything that is supposed to happen and when. So relax and just stick to your schedule. It will go fine for you.

Are you sure everything is going to fit in the container? If you have any doubts you may want to order a small dumpster to be placed out at your curb just in case. We did that and I still had to call my brother to come pick up some items that I couldn't take with me and I didn't have room for in the dumpster.

We're not getting a container, we've pretty much sold everything we had. We'll be leaving our current home and moving in with a friend for a few weeks and then flying out. We're bringing 3 checked bags on the plane and shipping a few boxes and that will be it. No matter how hard we try I think we'll have some stuff to get rid of at the end so we've talked to our neighbors and plan to give them some things. It's a little more complicated with a toddler, but we're trying to work out everything and talk about it every night as things come to mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:21 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Honu0612 wrote:
We're not getting a container, we've pretty much sold everything we had. We're bringing 3 checked bags on the plane and shipping a few boxes and that will be it.
Smart, very smart! I did the same thing 22 years ago and as it turned out I didn't even need half of the boxes I shipped here!

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:03 pm 
Malihini

Progress to date: Finishing up sorting and cleaning and packing, almost done! Sold our truck that we're not taking with us and found a home for one of our dogs and unfortunately our other older one is being put down due to physical and liver health issues. Moving in with friends on 7/14 and spending that weekend cleaning out what's left and then closing on 7/16. A couple of parties and get togethers planned before we leave family and friends and then fly to Kona on 8/5. Our vehicle is scheduled with Kona Car Guy for delivery to Kona on 8/9 and we've got a rental for those 4 days in between.

Everything has been super smooth for us (and no I'm not superstitious) and we feel even more that our move is meant to be. We simply cannot wait to arrive in our new home!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Honu0612 wrote:
Progress to date: Finishing up sorting and cleaning and packing, almost done! Sold our truck that we're not taking with us and found a home for one of our dogs and unfortunately our other older one is being put down due to physical and liver health issues. Moving in with friends on 7/14 and spending that weekend cleaning out what's left and then closing on 7/16. A couple of parties and get togethers planned before we leave family and friends and then fly to Kona on 8/5. Our vehicle is scheduled with Kona Car Guy for delivery to Kona on 8/9 and we've got a rental for those 4 days in between.

Everything has been super smooth for us (and no I'm not superstitious) and we feel even more that our move is meant to be. We simply cannot wait to arrive in our new home!

WOW!!! Its getting close!!! Good going on the smooth move!!! :) :) :)

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:42 pm 
Malihini

Well we closed on our house a couple of days ago and everything went well with the temporary move into our friends home. Our Xterra was just picked up tonight and is headed to CA to get on the boat with the anticipated arrival date of still being 8/9. We're leaving tomorrow to visit family in OK for a few days and then next week we'll probably start shipping boxes. We did our best to eliminate our stuff, but unfortunately we still ended up with 20 boxes. Having a toddler definitely added to the amount of stuff and a particular dish set that I really wanted to keep.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

Wow. butterflies for sure!!! You are homeless on the mainland now. Your home is here. When are you coming home?

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:52 pm 
Malihini

We'll be arriving to our new home on 8/5...just 16 short days away! Thank you all for helping me keep my sanity during this process, it's been much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Honu0612 wrote:
We'll be arriving to our new home on 8/5...just 16 short days away! Thank you all for helping me keep my sanity during this process, it's been much appreciated.

I suggest you buy something REALLY HAWAIIAN like some Plumeria or something to make your house smell like Hawaii. I know it is kinda frivolous but I think it is important that you remind yourself you are in a different world when you get here.

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

Post subject: Re: Our moving progress-Our BAD experience with Kona Car Guy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 am 
Keiki

My wife and I contracted with a man named Jim McCain, who owns his own business and who informs you he is the best there is. Containers or vehicles are his business going in or out of Hawaii. I should have known something was wrong when all his testimonies on his web site are too positive. Even my wife posts the bad ones on hers for the truth in it all. Even worse than that he calls himself Kona Car Guy! The Kona part was my warning but I didn’t heed it. He made a grand promise that all would be right and I kept informing him my wife was a very nervous person and not just her but our rescued animals would be depending on him to have the truck there so she could drive home. We had a new home in an unknown land awaiting us after years of island style living. With a winter setting in and a four hour drive at night she was brave enough to give it a try since I had to stay behind and close up accounts. I even asked him to set the drop off date so we could be in accord for all the shipping protocols. I even gave him several extra days lag time for the unexpected. Another warning sign popped up in an email from him. He answered a question of mine with a multiple choice question he wrote himself and then to be humorous, gave me the answer so I could understand what he wanted to instruct me. I have a strange sense of humor but this was odd from a small business owner who call himself: Kona Car Guy
So the die is cast and the wheels are in motion and my wife and I are praying we are not going to be preyed upon in turn of a buck.
Now this Jim McCain is telling me all is well as we can see through the shipping log of the ship that our truck has been voyaging on. But we see it has been sitting at their dock for seven days and counting. But all is well with Jimbo! Finally the truck is picked up but with only days to go to ETA. It is deep in the night and my phone rings, with a crude and somewhat stupid sounding man on the line croaking gibberish into my ear. It is the truck driver with our vehicle. He says he cannot deliver it to the house and I had to inform him he wasn’t supposed to. The destination is the air park by the aerodrome. He then wants to leave it by the side of the highway fifty miles from the house so my wife can get it. Of course she will magically drive two vehicles to do this. I am getting irritated with this foolish professional and tell him this is all unacceptable. For the next day and night he is calling my wife and I with all sorts of troubles like he needs directions and he is tired and wants to get a hotel room, etc… The driver did ask directions from us? He then starts to give us coordinates and times of where he is and how long it will take to get to the airpark. It starts out as a good estimate but as the phone calls keep coming the times get longer but the distance gets shorter! This whole affair starts to get surreal and I would laugh had it not been my fear that my wife and fur-kids would be stranded in the cold dark alone and bewildered. Sure enough, no truck no contingencies but for her to rent a van for $390.00 and load up the traumatized animals. Off she goes driving into the night and finally through the kindness of strangers and local folks who knew our desperation, she gets to the home and starts to decompress and rest. Jimbo laughs and says if we called him he could have made accommodations. By accommodations I suspect he meant a hotel room. For my wife and three pets to hole up in such a set of circumstances was also unacceptable. And it would have been for four days no less. So we incurred the rental cost and then she had to turn around and drive the thing back to the aerodrome and pick up the truck. Which also had a dent on the front bumper too boot, only adding the icing onto the bitter cake Jimbo baked for us. He likes to point out we were not the easiest people to work with and changed our drop off location several times, which he originally said was fine. He also stated in an email that he was nothing but polite and professional. I had no more words for him. In closing, do not use this confidence man to ship anything. I cannot stress that too much. Maybe we happened to be the odd string of bad luck and he normally has no problems. Then why did he become surely and not make restitutions to us or apologies? I would rather deal with a large company than an independent business owner since he has no culpability and it is a dead end in the chain of command to rectify this bit of bad business. He cares not for us, our pets and what this strange and savage story may lead to. He put the money in his pocket and is sitting in the sun grinning wider than the Cheshire cat. Just like that fictitious cat, he slowly disappears into the Hawaiian sunset.

NOTE: We have ALL the documents and e-mail/phone conversations from Kona Car Guy (Jim McCain) to verify this testimony, that he promised us that the truck will be there in time.... SURE has arrived 3-4 days later.

UPDATE SINCE:
E-mail conversations between: Kona Car Guy and us

on October 4th, 2012

"Aloha Jim! I have one question... From Matson website, seems like that the truck will be in Seattle Port on the 10th. Can you please tell me what is the average date that could be arrive in the final destination? I need to buy my airplane ticket and I NEED safe timing! Thank you!"

"Your target timeline for delivery was 10.15-10.17. I'm always concerned when my customers experience delays.
Jim".

So, I brought my ticket and arrived to the final destination on October 19th with our 3 tired pets and our vehicle was NOT there.
It delayed four (4) days and he just does not care! READ above again: "I'm always concerned when my customers experience delays. Jim". We had to pay $390.71 for a van-rental just to take our 3 pets to their new home after a long 3863.54 mile trip!

Kona Guy Guy has been reported to RipOff Report and Better Business Bureau Kona Car Guy A.K.A Jim McCain had a first short respond on BBB, making fun of my ESL (very professional action for a business owner) and he tried to "focusing" on Konaweb, hoping that Konaweb will be his hero. Konaweb? Are you kidding me? They are selling Paradise for Profit and always deleting negative or bad experiences from their site, so we wont ever know what people are talking about on their fake forums. GREED? Yep! So, even thought if we wont ever get back our loss, I will be staying happy, VERY HAPPY to tell the TRUTH about his bad business services to the whole World Wide Web.

"Reading any negative comment makes us refocus on what's important...Jim"

OR:

"You are attempting to extort money from me that is not due to you. I have no obligation to you legally or morally. You have no claim; period. (NO CLAIM? Wow, Paid him $1800 for a vehicle transfer is that NOT enough claim?) I don't know what the legal definition for blackmail and internet harassment are but I think I know it when I see it. I will take the appropriate steps to seek a legal remedy.
jim"

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

So he never corrected his mistakes and never continued any more respond on BBB and his rating will goes down from A to D. His irish proud and attitude is more important for him then a good business name. We don't need his cursed money, he can keep it, but I will keep blogging this experience every day about him!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 am 
Site Admin

WOW!!!

I am sorry you had such a bad time with this person. And did you say he advertises on Kona Web?

So when are you going to move over here with your wife? Hopefully, things will go smoother for you from now on.

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 am 
Keiki

Yes, Kona Car Guy advertises on Konaweb and of course people will never have a chance to read the other side of the horror stories. As an advertiser on KonaWeb, they also protect their clients on their public forum by deleting all non promotional blogs or commments. This is why we are displeased with KonaWeb. They promote the big island by not allowing people to hear the problems they may face if they continue to contemplate a move. We have moved already, to the mainland of the US and will NEVER recommend Kona Car Guy/Kona Container Guy to others. Just hoping that this post could stay on this forum. All we want is that people are able to do their own homework and get a balanced idea of service providers before moving to Hawaii or from Hawaii. Thank you and Mahalo!

WOW!!!

I am sorry you had such a bad time with this person. And did you say he advertises on Kona Web?

So when are you going to move over here with your wife? Hopefully, things will go smoother for you from now on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hawaii2020,

I just checked the BBB website and their is one complaint filed against them. But the complaint has been closed. Meaning that either the customer stated that the issue has been resolved or the company has stated the issue has been resolved and the customer has not responded to that statement.

Can you please explain this?

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Unfortunately, the "agencies" you reported him to are totally toothless. (BBB is a joke!) I would pursue this with the DCCA instead. As to KonaWeb, what a surprise! Do they really delete bad posts from the forums there?! You've got to be kidding! :) :) :)

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 pm 
Malihini

Does this Kona Car Guy have his own ships? No. He is using Matson and Horizon. So why do you go through a middle guy to use those companies? Because he is advertising on KonaWeb? Go direct! I have shipped cars to here by both companies and I never had a problem. The cars were here when they told me the cars would be here. By the way, I thought posting the name of KonaWeb was forbidden here. Oh, sorry, I remember now, that was Kathleen Hancock Web. :bounce:

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next