It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:39 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Missouri
Sorry I haven't been around very consistently. Our plans for moving have kind of taken over and we've been super busy. We've made huge progress sorting through our belongings and have sold quite a bit so far. It's actually getting to the point that we've made so much we don't even care what we get for the things we have left. And it's getting easier to let things go the more we focus on freeing ourselves from 'stuff' and what we want our life to be in HI.

We're preparing the house to go on the market and hope to have it listed in the next couple of weeks. The market seems to be pretty good around here right now and from what we've heard there's a lot more buyers looking than houses available so hopefully we will sell quickly for a good price.

In our minds right now we will move sometime around late Summer, July or August, but that could change. My Daughter and I could potentially leave sooner and DH come to HI when his work has things ready for his transition. Definitely won't be until at least June though since I've planned 2 trips in May to visit friends in TN and NY.

That's it for now...getting closer!!!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:17 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 4222
Location: Kapolei
I am VERY excited and happy for you guys!!! :D :D :D

After you start getting rid of stuff it makes you wonder why you wanted to hang on to things in the first place. We found (at least in SoCal) that there are people on Craig's List that are waiting for something in the free section to be posted. We started posting our really junky furniture that even Goodwill wouldn't take and within a minute after posting my phone would start ringing. Probably the easiest way to get rid of stuff.

Keep us updated on how things go!!! YEAH!!!!



_________________
Dave Brilliant (S)
Real Estate Agent RS-77348
(808) 366-8714
Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Missouri
Kona Dave wrote:
I am VERY excited and happy for you guys!!! :D :D :D

After you start getting rid of stuff it makes you wonder why you wanted to hang on to things in the first place. We found (at least in SoCal) that there are people on Craig's List that are waiting for something in the free section to be posted. We started posting our really junky furniture that even Goodwill wouldn't take and within a minute after posting my phone would start ringing. Probably the easiest way to get rid of stuff.

Keep us updated on how things go!!! YEAH!!!!


We've done that a couple of times too Dave, and yes people must stalk the free section because items go fast! Happy to report we've sold some more big items today and at least 2 people scheduled to come over tomorrow for more. We also had our insurance adjuster out today due to some hail damage and we'll be getting a new roof, siding, and gutters all for our $1000 deductible. Not happy to be dealing with it, but will probably be good for selling purposes.

Oh and I TOTALLY forgot to mention before. I put in my 2 week notice at work yesterday. It's a LONG story, but I've decided I'm done and want to be with my Daughter and be home to finish getting the house ready and sold.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:14 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 4222
Location: Kapolei
Honu0612 wrote:
...Oh and I TOTALLY forgot to mention before. I put in my 2 week notice at work yesterday. It's a LONG story, but I've decided I'm done and want to be with my Daughter and be home to finish getting the house ready and sold.

Big step, wow! Makes you feel like you are really serious about this. I remember when I gave notice. I was happy, sad and scared shitless all at the same time. I was never the type to make big steps like this. And now look. I couldn't be happier!



_________________
Dave Brilliant (S)
Real Estate Agent RS-77348
(808) 366-8714
Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:18 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Missouri
Kona Dave wrote:
Honu0612 wrote:
...Oh and I TOTALLY forgot to mention before. I put in my 2 week notice at work yesterday. It's a LONG story, but I've decided I'm done and want to be with my Daughter and be home to finish getting the house ready and sold.

Big step, wow! Makes you feel like you are really serious about this. I remember when I gave notice. I was happy, sad and scared shitless all at the same time. I was never the type to make big steps like this. And now look. I couldn't be happier!


Absolutely all of those feelings Dave! Must be why I conveniently forgot about it. And it's a huge step for us too...definitely not our typical behavior and many people are very surprised. Hope we're as happy as you are with our decision!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:23 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 4222
Location: Kapolei
Other than something coming up that is unforeseeable I think you guys are going to make it. You did your research and know what to expect. You have a place to live and you have income. Those are the hardest things to deal with here. Plus you have us to help you with whatever may come your way. And look, you already made some friends here. How great is that?



_________________
Dave Brilliant (S)
Real Estate Agent RS-77348
(808) 366-8714
Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:10 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Discovery Harbour
Yay Jodi! I loved being able to quit work and I've never looked back. Stopped wearing a watch the day I quit work. You're really moving forward. I'm sure the house will sell quickly and you'll be here before you know it!



_________________
Babette
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:10 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Missouri
Happy to report we have a buyer for our house!!! :hello1: We're very happy with the price and closing isn't until 7/16 so we have time to sell our remaining stuff and prepare for the big move, which won't be until early August most likely. DH is still working things out with his job and will be starting to work from home soon to work out all the details for when we move. It's all coming together!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:00 pm 
Kona Kastoff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 3899
Location: Kailua-Kona
You must be really excited! I still remember our moving here even though it was 21+ years ago!



_________________
John S. Rabi
Principal Broker
"THE NEXT LEVEL OF SERVICE"
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
888.819.9669
johnrabi.com


This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 4222
Location: Kapolei
Honu0612 wrote:
Happy to report we have a buyer for our house!!! :hello1: We're very happy with the price and closing isn't until 7/16 so we have time to sell our remaining stuff and prepare for the big move, which won't be until early August most likely. DH is still working things out with his job and will be starting to work from home soon to work out all the details for when we move. It's all coming together!

YEAH Jodi!!!!!!

So? Nervous? Excited? A little of both? LOL!!!!



_________________
Dave Brilliant (S)
Real Estate Agent RS-77348
(808) 366-8714
Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:39 am 
Da Kine

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:20 am
Posts: 537
Congrats and happy life in your dream home :)
aloha


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:16 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Missouri
Oh yeah, all the emotions are there. This is a MAJOR move for us and I'll be leaving a lot of good friends behind. We still feel it's what we want to do though, no doubts, but big changes for us. Lots of anxiety over all the little details to work out, but we're both planners and when we don't have something in black and white it's hard sometimes. We still believe everything will continue to work out and just have to keep going forward.

Our keep pile is so much smaller than I had imagined...who knew you could let go of so much? Most of our furniture is gone and we're still working through the small stuff. I think we've decided to get an Xterra for our one vehicle. Still working on a home for one of our dogs, the other one is doing very badly physically...as we knew was coming, and may have to be put to sleep soon. We'll get our plane tickets as soon as DH's work gives him the go ahead. And then there's all the things that go along with moving like forwarding your mail, cancelling services, etc.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:47 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 4222
Location: Kapolei
Honu0612 wrote:
Oh yeah, all the emotions are there. This is a MAJOR move for us and I'll be leaving a lot of good friends behind. We still feel it's what we want to do though, no doubts, but big changes for us. Lots of anxiety over all the little details to work out, but we're both planners and when we don't have something in black and white it's hard sometimes. We still believe everything will continue to work out and just have to keep going forward.

Our keep pile is so much smaller than I had imagined...who knew you could let go of so much? Most of our furniture is gone and we're still working through the small stuff. I think we've decided to get an Xterra for our one vehicle. Still working on a home for one of our dogs, the other one is doing very badly physically...as we knew was coming, and may have to be put to sleep soon. We'll get our plane tickets as soon as DH's work gives him the go ahead. And then there's all the things that go along with moving like forwarding your mail, cancelling services, etc.

WOW!!! Sounds like you have everything figured out!!! Do you know which port your car is coming in to? When we moved there they were not delivering to Kawaihae. Had to pick up in Hilo. Not a biggie for us but others have complained.

I hope things go smoothly for you guys! You deserve it. You where to come if you need help of need to vent! :x :x :x



_________________
Dave Brilliant (S)
Real Estate Agent RS-77348
(808) 366-8714
Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 pm 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 pm
Posts: 239
Location: California. Home of nuts, flakes, fires, floods, A-HOLES & earthquakes.
congrats Jodi! we are so happy for you! its going to be amazing. it will all be worth it. one day we will be making the move ourselves so would love to hear from you on whats its like to move to paradise. congrats my friend.

elbert



_________________
"The Only Easy Day was Yesterday!" U.S. Navy Seals
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our moving progress
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:45 am 
Malihini
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Missouri
Slightly losing my mind at times trying to organize all the details for this move but one day at a time and we will be there. In fact we'll be there on August 5th!!! We got our one way tickets to Kona and in just 7 short weeks we'll be in our new home!

A side note I thought I'd share, I found a group on Facebook, KAMA Hawaii, and it's a Mother's group in and around Kona. I've already emailed the page administrator and she's been super nice so hopefully my Daughter and I will be able to find friends and playmates soon after moving.

Otherwise the moving plans are going pretty well, just feels like a lot to do at times.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron