It is currently Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 10 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Buying a condo in HI
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm 
Da Kine

Todd wrote:
haoleboy wrote:
Enough alternative suggestions from you, Todd.
I'm working on a career opportunity here.

Sorry. Have you been to toilet flushing school? Are you really qualified? These are things you should probably check on before you determine to start a business like that.

Are you serious? This is Hawaii, do you think anyone is going to check my credentials? If I can get paid cash, I can figure out what to do on YouTube.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 pm 
Kona Kastoff

haoleboy wrote:
Todd wrote:
haoleboy wrote:
Enough alternative suggestions from you, Todd. I'm working on a career opportunity here.
Sorry. Have you been to toilet flushing school? Are you really qualified? These are things you should probably check on before you determine to start a business like that.
Are you serious? This is Hawaii, do you think anyone is going to check my credentials? If I can get paid cash, I can figure out what to do on YouTube.
Yep, all you have to do is to answer your phone and you have a successful business here. :( :( :(

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm 
Malihini

HB

You might also want to check with the toilet flushing union. I understand they have some really good benefits and a very good toilet flushing training program. you will need to apprentice for at least a year before you can "flush yourself". (yes I did mean it that way)

Todd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 pm 
Da Kine

You don't have to sell me on the benefits of labor unions. I,ve been forced to be a union member since 2010. I only have to give them $700.00 a year, and they proudly give that to politicians they can keep in their pockets, not to mention protecting fellow workers who deserve to be fired, if not jailed. Labor unions run Hawaii, better jump on board!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm 
Malihini

haoleboy wrote:
You don't have to sell me on the benefits of labor unions. I,ve been forced to be a union member since 2010. I only have to give them $700.00 a year, and they proudly give that to politicians they can keep in their pockets, not to mention protecting fellow workers who deserve to be fired, if not jailed. Labor unions run Hawaii, better jump on board!

Theres a joke in there somewhere. "benefits of labor unions" right up there with Labor day being a holiday where we don't have to go to work. That is why when I retire I do it in Kona. Then at least I know only one of the groups gets my money.

Nope I'm not union.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:34 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Todd wrote:
HB, You might also want to check with the toilet flushing union. I understand they have some really good benefits and a very good toilet flushing training program. you will need to apprentice for at least a year before you can "flush yourself". (yes I did mean it that way)
Maybe that's the union LocalGuy/Seb is such a proud member of! :) :) :)

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 am 
Da Kine

The source of the problem is: USA has a bad tolilet system! :D
Here in Europe we have just another, when you have NO problem when you go away from home for months :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flush_toil ... out_toilet
"Washout toilet
Further information: Washout toilet

Washout toilets have a shallow pool of water into which waste is deposited, with a trapped drain just behind this pool. Waste is cleared out from this pool of water by being swept over into the trap (usually either a P-trap or an S-trap) and then beyond into a sewer by water from the flush. Washout pans were amongst the first types of ceramic toilets invented and since the early 1970s are now only found in a few localities such as in some parts of Germany.
Reverse bowl design (Flachspüler)

In Germany, Netherlands, and some regions of Poland, the bowl is designed to hold the fecal matter out of the water prior to flushing by means of a receiver shelf, whereas most U.S. or U.K. designs immediately allow it to plunge into standing water. This reverse design prevents the occurrence of any splash-up which commonly happens when fecal matter plunges into the standing water in the standard designs (although substantial deposits may cause splash-up problems of their own). The disadvantage is that it also increases the associated odor and may require the use of a brush to remove bits of feces that may have "skid-marked" on the shelf. Similar designs are found in some early toilets in the U.S., one particular brand being labeled the "Grand Niagara", as the flushing of the shelf creates a waterfall effect into the drain chamber."

That's it! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am 
Da Kine

I'm happy with da kine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:59 am 
Kona Kastoff

John S. Rabi wrote:
Todd wrote:
I suppose it could be an outdated list on the website, because I heard somewhere there is only 1 certified ASHI here.
Almost correct! I guess I should have said "in Kona" since that's where most of my business is instead of the "on the island" since Bierman in Hilo is also ASHI certified, he did an inspection for me just recently when Chuck Cartwright was out of town. They are the only two ASHI certified inspectors on the island. Both the Woodburys and Leyva have quit ASHI a while back because it's expensive to keep the ASHI certification renewed every year. I would recommend calling or checking the respective web sites of all the individuals mentioned for qualifications and certifications instead of relying on the ASHI web site, which clearly is outdated.
I know it's an old thread, but since I just had a very nice meeting with Daniel Leyva, it is my duty to update this information: he is ASHI certified and he said his certification has always been current. (He said he believes Woodbury is ASHI certified too, though his web site does not indicate it as such.) I don't know how current the ASHI web site is, but there are several inspectors listed there from the Big Island. http://www.ashi.org/find/results.aspx?s ... radius=150

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:44 pm 
Malihini

Designations and certifications are very important in every field, they give the business credibility. I would think Woodbury would list ASHI on his web site if he were an ASHI member. It seems there are several affiliations and memberships and designations listed on his web site but ASHI is not. If ASHI is the most recognized certifications in that business and if he were a member than one would think he would list it. It's not listed, so I would think he is probably not ASHI certified.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am 
Kona Kastoff

Paniolo Club wrote:
Designations and certifications are very important in every field, they give the business credibility. I would think Woodbury would list ASHI on his web site if he were an ASHI member. It seems there are several affiliations and memberships and designations listed on his web site but ASHI is not. If ASHI is the most recognized certifications in that business and if he were a member than one would think he would list it. It's not listed, so I would think he is probably not ASHI certified.
Michael Woodbury is a member of and signed up on this forum last week, and I was hoping he would post something, but he evidently did not, so I tend to agree with you Paniolo. (Regardless, one of my agents gives him lots of inspection work.)

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 am 
Kama

Dear Mr. Rabi,
Regarding Woodbury Inspection Group Inc. membership in the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
There are two Woodburys in our firm; Michael Woodbury a member in continuous good standing in ASHI since 1995, and Alex Woodbury is a member in continuous good standing since 2002. 
I have just recently returned  from Nashville where I attended the 2014 annual ASHI convention to keep up my continuing education. Keeping up my continuing education is something I have done regularly, and not to a minimal degree. 
I have received from ASHI recognition for 15 Year Membership and will soon receive the same for my 20 Year Membership. 
I was part of a committee that actually wrote the bylaws for the local ASHI Hawaii chapter, and was the treasurer for many years. Alex is a past president of that local ASHI chapter. The local chapter ultimately discontinued because Alex and I were unable to get enough of the other inspectors in the state to contribute their time. We have always been certified members of the American Society of Home Inspectors. http://www.ashi.org
We at Woodbury Inspection Group Inc. take our business very seriously. We each have a life time of experience as carpenters, builders, and building inspectors. Our firm provides services such as thermal imaging, energy audits, LEED certification... We regularly inspect the most exclusive residences and properties in the state, and have built an exemplarily reputation over the last 20 years.
Respectfully,
Michael L. Woodbury, President
WOODBURY INSPECTION GROUP INC.
77-6503 Akai Street
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740-2481
Office 808-322-5174 Cell 640-5147 Fax 322-5178
Mike@Woodburyhawaii.com
http://www.woodburyhawaii.com/

http://www.ashi.org/find/results.aspx?s ... borhoodID=

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:17 pm 
Malihini

Somebody better tell Daniel Leyva that he is not listed on the ASHI web site as a member!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:32 am 
Kona Kastoff

Paniolo Club wrote:
Somebody better tell Daniel Leyva that he is not listed on the ASHI web site as a member!
Neither is Chuck Cartwright who talks about ASHI on half page of his web site. http://bigislandinspectionservices.com I guess ASHI is just as reliable as the Kona Board of Realtors! :lol: :lol: :lol:

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

Page 10 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10