It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mi's Waterfront Bistro
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 am 
Kona Kastoff

I have not been out to eat much lately, so I was especially looking forward to visit this place with some special friends. Mi's used to be in Kealakekua, a good place, but more of like a pasta place and not a real Italian restaurant. What a change the location made! One of the best restaurant experience I have had in a very long time. They brought over their pasta dishes and added some real good and interesting protein to their menu. We ordered Sweet Corn Chowder, Salads, Duck Confit with Gnocchi, Baked Chicken Parmigiana, Mediterranean Beef Strips, and of course no Italian dinner is without Tiramisu. Everything was exceptionally good and the service was attentive. While I was not overly crazy about the Tiramisu (which is Mascarpone custard layered with whipped cream, and rum and coffee soaked ladyfingers), I know the recipe has been adapted into many varieties, and numerous variations of Tiramisu exist, I could show the person who made the Tiramisu there how to make a better one.

Mi's Waterfront Bistro menu items are priced right, and this place certainly will give the only other Italian restaurant in town run for their money. I certainly will be back!

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

Post subject: Re: Mi's Waterfront Bistro
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:36 pm 
Kona Kastoff

This has been my third time at the new location of this restaurant. As I posted previously, the dinner the first time was phenomenal.

I went back for lunch a few weeks later, and it was disappointing. Chicken Parmigiana sandwich was served on soft hamburger bun that became soggy in no time. I left a friendly note for the chef suggesting a different kind of bread.

This time we ordered three different things, and all three were below expectations. The Italian Steak Sandwich was scrap meat mixed with diced peppers and mushrooms. The portion was so small it disappeared in the hoagie roll, and the sandwich spent so much time in the salamander that the bread was rock hard. The Chicken Parmigiana was the same as the last time. (The third dish we ordered was a salad.)

I doubt I will go back to this restaurant for lunch again, though I will give them another shot for dinner.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]