It is currently Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aloha! And Welcome to the Big Island Forum!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

MNMom23 wrote:
Yeah.... you know... I think we are just going to be putting the whole thing on 'scouting' level until we get boots on the ground and see what the island is like. I appreciate all the input and opinions.

We appreciate those who have some common sense. Don't let what we said totally scare you off. We are just suggesting you do your due diligence and know what you are getting into before you do it. You will make better decisions when you are in scouting mode. Please don't hesitate to continue to ask questions and and post here.

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am 
Kona Kastoff

Kona Dave wrote:
MNMom23 wrote:
Yeah.... you know... I think we are just going to be putting the whole thing on 'scouting' level until we get boots on the ground and see what the island is like. I appreciate all the input and opinions.
We appreciate those who have some common sense. Don't let what we said totally scare you off. We are just suggesting you do your due diligence and know what you are getting into before you do it. You will make better decisions when you are in scouting mode. Please don't hesitate to continue to ask questions and and post here.
Well, I guess we managed to scare MNMom23 off. Too bad. I hope they will not make the same mistake that so many people make by moving here unprepared and with false expectations.

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

John S. Rabi wrote:
Well, I guess we managed to scare MNMom23 off. Too bad. I hope they will not make the same mistake that so many people make by moving here unprepared and with false expectations.

That's too bad. She sounded like she had a good head on her shoulders.

On a similar note a guy contacted me from PW about places to shoot on the BI. I know of a few places but they are not sanctioned ranges. The only real range is currently and temporarily closed. He is very disheartened. So I tried to help him but I get the feeling his heart is not into this move. They are moving here to Waimea because his wife has MS and the temperate climate will help her. His whole life and hobby revolves around shooting. And the prospect of not being able to anymore is depressing him. I tried to help him but it seems he is down for the count. Oh well, I tried. He wants to bring his entire gun collection with him and I told him to not do it as it was not worth it. But he wouldn't listen to me. Sad.

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:55 pm 
Malihini

Kona Dave wrote:
John S. Rabi wrote:

That's too bad. She sounded like she had a good head on her shoulders.

On a similar note a guy contacted me from PW about places to shoot on the BI. I know of a few places but they are not sanctioned ranges. The only real range is currently and temporarily closed. He is very disheartened. So I tried to help him but I get the feeling his heart is not into this move. They are moving here to Waimea because his wife has MS and the temperate climate will help her. His whole life and hobby revolves around shooting. And the prospect of not being able to anymore is depressing him. I tried to help him but it seems he is down for the count. Oh well, I tried. He wants to bring his entire gun collection with him and I told him to not do it as it was not worth it. But he wouldn't listen to me. Sad.

I don't know that we've lost her, maybe just taking a step back to look more into their options and consider what is best for their family. I think you all did a good job of providing honest and helpful information.

Shooting...weren't you supposed to get back to me about that Dave? I won't be heartbroken if there's no range available to shoot at, but it would be nice. What about if we make friends with someone with a little land and just do some target practice with cans or whatever? Is that cool there?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Honu0612 wrote:
I don't know that we've lost her, maybe just taking a step back to look more into their options and consider what is best for their family. I think you all did a good job of providing honest and helpful information.

Shooting...weren't you supposed to get back to me about that Dave? I won't be heartbroken if there's no range available to shoot at, but it would be nice. What about if we make friends with someone with a little land and just do some target practice with cans or whatever? Is that cool there?

Thanks for reminding me Honu. I couldn't remember who it was I was supposed to get back to. So there is a place near Honokaa that is sort of open to anyone who wants to go there. Read this:

http://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=2450.0

I call myself Inspector and I am the one that asked for directions. So now you have directions to that range which will not be close to you. Also, there is a place down in southpoint that people shoot at. I don't know how to get there yet but I can find out.

The range near Volcano is temporarily closed for now. Not sure when it will open back up. I was told for all questions regarding the club and range to e-mail club president Jim O'Keefe: r3vjim@gmail.com

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:53 pm 
Malihini

Thanks Inspector! I bookmarked the thread for reference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:11 pm 
Menehune

I hope she will post back when she has had a chance to see the island in person. It is hard enough to pick a location if you have spent time here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:21 pm 
Kama

Aloha from San Diego

I love Hawaii and have been wanting to move for a long time. My dream might be coming true this upcoming fall. The only concern I have is bringing my best friend who is my dog. LOL He is a Boxer and many airlines won't fly any "short nosed" dog. I will keep looking, researching, and trying! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:28 pm 
Malihini

Hello and welcome to the forum! What's the deal with short nosed dogs and flying?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm 
Malihini

Konagal, have you researched the requirements for bringing a dog into the state? I think it's a pretty lengthy process, so if you decide to come you should start that sooner than later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:43 pm 
Kama

Aloha!
I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am from Colorado and own my own business. I look forward to reading the posts and hopefully building some new friendships.
Mahalo, Jim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Maximus wrote:
Aloha!
I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am from Colorado and own my own business. I look forward to reading the posts and hopefully building some new friendships.
Mahalo, Jim

Aloha Jim,

Welcome to the Kona Forum. Are you looking to move to Hawaii or visiting Hawaii?

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 pm 
Kama

Kona Dave wrote:

Welcome to the Kona Forum. Are you looking to move to Hawaii or visiting Hawaii?

I am looking to relocate with in a year, give or take a few. I am self employed, so I am trying to get things somewhat established on the Island before we move.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm 
Malihini

Maximus, we moved from Denver area to the Big Island two years ago. I'd be happy to help you with any moving or relocation questions you have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 am 
Kama

Babette wrote:
Maximus, we moved from Denver area to the Big Island two years ago. I'd be happy to help you with any moving or relocation questions you have.

Thanks, I am sure I will have some questions. Go Broncos! (that is if you are a Broncos fan, I am and have season tickets.) :D

Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next