It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Aloha from the Redwoods
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:50 pm 
Malihini

You can check whether the company is registered or not at https://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/search.html. You can check whether a company is licensed or not at https://pvl.ehawaii.gov/pvlsearch. As we learned it in a hard way, there is a big difference between the two. Anyone can register a company for like $50, and get a General Excise Tax license for an additional $20 in Hawaii, but these two don't mean the company is licensed to do work that requires a Professional and Vocational license. Certain services require the use of a licensed professional.

BTW, if your lot is at 4,000' elevation, you better get a fireplace, it's COOOOLD up there!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:49 am 
Keiki

onyxtiger wrote:
Babette wrote:
Jack Richard does a lot of building in our area and appears to be quite reliable. He seems to do well with package homes. It really helps to have someone who has experience with the Hawaii County Building Department!

I've never heard of Raymond Kevis.

Hmmm, his company is Kaalaea Construction, Ltd. I could have sworn I got his name from somebody here on the forum.
I guess I'm losing my mind. :oops:

I suddenly remembered where I got Raymond's name. I'd searched on Home Advisor. :) He did come highly recommended.
But, I do like Jack Richard. So, I'll talk to both and go from there. :bounce:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:06 pm 
Keiki

Well, our trip over to Hawaii is on for Oct. I have an appointment with Jack Richard to discuss building a package home on my land. We (my wife and I) have looked at several package homes, floor plans, etc. I'm pretty sure we're going with a package home from HPM. They seem to have the best prices and floor plans.

I've also done a little checking on moving my car over. Not as bad price-wise as I expected.

Anyway, getting closer. :bounce:

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2