It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aloha! Re-did my intro!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:40 am 
Kama

Aloha!

This is my second try at an intro. This is my first forum. Just wanted to say I love Hawaii. Hoping to come out this Xmas and buy some property. Hope to make some great friends in the Islands as my husband and I don't know anyone-yet :lol: . I love dance (hence the name Scherazade)-couldn't think of anything else, music from lots of different countries, good people and a cold beer.

I have tons of questions but will read old posts too so I don't post too many repeat ?'s

Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Aloha! Re-did my intro!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Scherazade wrote:
Aloha!

This is my second try at an intro. This is my first forum. Just wanted to say I love Hawaii. Hoping to come out this Xmas and buy some property. Hope to make some great friends in the Islands as my husband and I don't know anyone-yet :lol: . I love dance (hence the name Scherazade)-couldn't think of anything else, music from lots of different countries, good people and a cold beer.

I have tons of questions but will read old posts too so I don't post too many repeat ?'s

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the Forum!!! I am the Administrator so if you have any questions about how to do something in the forum don't hesitate to ask. And please feel free to ask a question even if it has been asked before. I delete old posts to encourage those who have questions to ask them. Even if they have been asked before.

There are a lot of friendly people here. And a lot of things to do including dance groups/classes. Where are you looking to buy property?

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 am 
Kama

Aloha Dave!

Of course now I think of a better username- "SpringsDiver" would have been much better as I like to free dive the Florida springs as well as dance...oh well, Scherazade is ok too!!! We are thinking around Kona but my dream is to have some land to spread out a bit so not sure how that would work out. Cannot wait to come out over Xmas and see especially the Volcano (from a distance). I am very interested in learning some slow basic Hula moves as a few bad discs make some dance very difficult now.

Anyhow,

Thanks for having this awesome forum...what a great resource for those of us thinking about making the move !!!

PS...what it a "signature" below and should I have one?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

If you look at any of my postings you will see near the bottom a short horizontal line and my name under it and then a listing of all the websites I own. The signature is something you create and save and it will appear at the bottom of every post you make. Some people use it to put a catchy phrase or saying. Others use it to promote their websites, etc.

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:06 pm 
Kama

Cool! thanks!!

I am very excited to see the Volcano!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:52 am 
Malihini

Welcome Seherezade!

You will get answer all to your questions here. This is a very good company :)
aloha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:17 am 
Kama

Aloha Gina...and thanks!!! I am so happy I found a friendly forum!!

Scherazade!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm 
Malihini

I am in a hula class where I live near South Point. We are kupuna, which basically means "elders", so a lot of us are arthritic or stiff in one way or another. We just have a good time learning the dances and their meanings and have a great time together. And every year we compete in the Kupuna Hula Festival in Kona. So perhaps wherever you land you will probably be able to find something similar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 am 
Kama

Hi Babette!

A slower class like that would definitely be for me. I am very interested in learning about Hawaiian culture and spirituality. The only things I can find online are regarding "Huna" but I am not sure what that is? If anyone can recommend any books, let me know..I am a big reader and really like to immerse myself in new cultures. I have spent a lot of time in Turkey and tried to learn Turkish....that is a tough language-but great culture too.

thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]