It is currently Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Teetering.....
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:37 pm 
Kama

Hi everyone. I'm Kip. We have a horse farm near Memphis. I'm a mural/pet portrait artist and my other half is a computer guru. We are getting close to finishing all the projects I wanted done on our ranch before listing it...so time to start making plans.

We know we DO NOT EVER want the cold again. We were considering Florida and Mexico....and then we were watching a property show of Hawaii..... hmmmmm......

My hubby lived on the Kona Coast eons ago.. when he was young and dumb and didn't have a houseful (and barnful) of critters. He loved it but figures that in the last 40 years there have probably been a "couple" of changes ..LOL!!

So.... I guess what I really need to know is where we should look. Having the horses I know minimizes our choices. Am I whistling in the wind or is it doable?

We'd love to have an ocean view.... but it's not a deal breaker. Someplace where folks go to jam would be a HUGE perk. I was a singer guitar player until I met my husband. Night clubs and marriages are not a good mix....but I still LOVE to sit in with most kinds of musicians... not up to date I guess..rap just doesn't do it for me.

I'm a clean slate as far as info on Hawaii... so help/info on just about any part of the moving/ living experience would be hugely appreciated... did I mention I make a ridiculously delicious Death by Chocolate Cake? A must for all go to occasions. :lol:

Thanks for any info you care to share,

Kip

www.ppranch.net

Post subject: Re: Teetering.....
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Aloha Kip,

Welcome to the Kona Forum. There are plenty of places for you to look if you want to own horses. It would probably take a fair amount of discussion in order to narrow down the areas you might want to look. If you would like to discuss your needs feel free to e-mail me directly and I can help you decide what areas are available for you. konadave@konaforum.com

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:50 pm 
Kama

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:45 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Welcome aboard! I have some files on my web site that could be helpful for you at http://johnrabi.com and in case you want to look at what's on the market than go to http://hawaiiinformation.com which is our MLS site. I don't know your price range, but you certainly will need acreage for the horses. Waimea is horse country and there are lots of areas on the East that would fit your needs.

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:40 pm 
Da Kine

Hi Kip, just wanted to tell you that John (post above), is the best RE agent on this island, and will be a great source for you to have. He sold us our house here 10 years ago and is coming over in about an hour to list it for us now that we are moving back to the mainland. No horses allowed or I'd tell you about it!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 pm 
Malihini

I never worked with John, but one thing is for sure: he has been posting helpful information on this forum for a long time, and I don't think he ever promoted himself.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 am 
Malihini

In addition to the great information that I'm sure John will provide you, we also have horse properties near where I live on the south end of the island. I was just looking at a listing today for a beautiful house with acreage on South Point Road. Five acres for $549,000. Only problem with this area is that it is really isolated -- an hour and half from either Kona or Hilo.

We do have some great musicians in the area and have weekly performances at two local restaurants. Not sure about the possibilities for just jamming, though.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:28 pm 
Kama

Thanks everyone for your help. After devouring all of the info we both knew we'd love it on the Big Island..but we have baggage... in the form of critters. 15 horses, 7 dogs (Hard to say no to a rescue) and three cats.... one about to have kittens... not a planned event. Logical thing would be to cut way down on the animals... have a farm and horse tack auction at our 50 ac. horse farm and be able to travel light.... but we don't have kids... we have critters...they're family. So... Mexico was the next choice.... but again a huge moving hassle... so it looks like Florida is the "last man standing". I'm not a fan of the humidity...but it's a 12 hour drive so I can haul the horses myself... four trips... oh goodie. Snorkeling will be good, and fresh fruits, veggies and seafood. No gorgeous mountain views... but there's Disney World! Woo hoo! And the best part is that horse properties are plentiful and cheap. Maybe someday we'll be traveling light enough to make the move to the Big Island.

Thanks again,

Kip
www.ppranch.net

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm 
Malihini

kipissippi wrote:
.... but we don't have kids...
You do have kids! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:53 am 
Kama

OH don't I know it! Half of my time I'm fixing boo boos and stopping fights!!! But there's always lots of kisses involved and unlimited love... it's well worth it.

Kip

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]