It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Certified Management
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 pm 
Malihini

They claim to be one of the most respected property management companies. Their former CEO, Toni A. Floerke, was sentenced to 12 months prison and a restitution of $134,474.44 for stealing AOAOs funds. I wonder how much money was missing from our account when they managed our condo. No wonder AOAOs left and right were getting rid of them.

Post subject: Re: Certified Management
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:57 am 
Kona Kastoff

They "manage" our condo, and I have been petitioning our BOD to get rid of Certified Management (now known as Associa Hawaii) for eight years. They are totally inept and they don't represent the best interest of the condo associations.

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:05 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Well, while my primary residence condo association can't see the forest for the trees, I played an instrumental role in getting them fired from managing another condo association here in Kona last year, and more importantly, I just got out of a meeting at yet another condo association where we made a decision to fire them too. I know it's not the company, it's the personnel, but company hires the personnel. Just like in any other business, hire the right people and your business will run smoothly. If you hire the wrong people they lack of knowledge will surface sooner or later. When you hire more wrong people your business will suffer. Since most condo board members serve in a ceremonial role and have no clue about real estate law, nor property management, management companies like Associa can get away with a lot before someone dusts them off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:19 am 
Site Admin

I have Associa over here on Oahu. They are not totally inadequate. They actually do a pretty decent job. Except when it comes to the hard stuff. We have 3 units not paying their association dues. Which means the rest of us have to make up for the loss of income. Which BTW has been growing steadily for the last few years. One of the homes has been abandoned for years now and the wildlife is taking over the place. But the mortgage and property taxes are being paid. The other two I think are either holdouts or financially strapped owners. Either way my dues have gone up $100 a month over the last few years. And Associa is not doing anything about these 3 homeowners.

I am getting more and more pissed off about this as I type. Maybe its time to sell...

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:04 pm 
Da Kine

Forclose on them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

New Daddy wrote:
Forclose on them.

They won't do it for some reason. I keep asking and they get mad at me.

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:27 pm 
Keiki

Kona Dave wrote:
I am getting more and more pissed off about this as I type. Maybe its time to sell...
I assume those three also are causing lower property values there, so it might not be a good idea to sell. Maybe you can't even sell at all, unless you do a fire sale!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:41 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Kona Dave wrote:
I have Associa over here on Oahu. They are not totally inadequate. They actually do a pretty decent job. Except when it comes to the hard stuff. We have 3 units not paying their association dues. Which means the rest of us have to make up for the loss of income. Which BTW has been growing steadily for the last few years. One of the homes has been abandoned for years now and the wildlife is taking over the place. But the mortgage and property taxes are being paid. The other two I think are either holdouts or financially strapped owners. Either way my dues have gone up $100 a month over the last few years. And Associa is not doing anything about these 3 homeowners.

As I said in my previous posting, it's not the company, it's the personnel. I had two "disagreements" with my AOAO and I assumed our Associa agent would tell our BOD that I was right. She didn't. She should have known the Bylaws and the Declaration, she didn't. We went to court both times, I was proven right both times, and they had to pay me. They were stupid enough to fly a lawyer here from HNL too, so they out of pocket expenses were probably 10 times as much as my claim was. Had I been the president of the board I would have fired them on the spot. Guess what, they are still managing our condo, she is still our account manager, and they keep doing everything the same way, like our governing documents didn't exist.

PS. Dave, I sent you a PM about the foreclosure on those units.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:54 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Another nail in the coffin of this property management company, fired by another condo complex. No, I didn't have anything to do with that. Do I know board members there? No comment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:58 pm 
Kona Kastoff

My dislike of this company is well known and well documented. In addition to taking them to court twice in the past, I have been fighting their stupidity, lack of knowledge and professionalism for years. However, give credit where it is due. For every Laurie Sokach and Marisa Bankston, there is an Arnold Matsushima. He works at their headquarters, and I have been in contact with him in regards to some new issues that Ms. Sokach and Ms. Bankston in their Kona office just simply ignored to address. Associa just issued me a refund check for overcharge, and I am confident now the other issue at stake will be taken care of too. The refund check? Associa has been overcharging the individual condo owners for 10 years. None of the smart board members ever noticed it, but I did. Go figure. I will frame the refund check! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:54 pm 
Kona Kastoff

I guess my next lunch is on Associa, I just got my refund check! :lol: :lol: :lol: Wile it's a minuscule amount, think about it, they manage thousands of associations, with probably tens of thousands of units, so that minuscule amount could be a free quarter of million dollars in their coffin! The sad thing is nobody but me ever noticed it! My hat is off to their corporate office, while their Kona Branch brushed me off, corporate was much smarter, they realized the class action status possibility.

Attachment:
Associa.jpg
Associa.jpg [ 106.55 KiB | Viewed 188 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:09 pm 
Da Kine

Good deal. I'D go class action anyway

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm 
Kona Kastoff

New Daddy wrote:
Good deal. I'D go class action anyway