It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: `Ihilani Coffee & Tropicals
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm 
Malihini

Ihilani Coffee wrote:
Paniolo Club: Perhaps we have a difference in definition. To me, a co-op is a cooperative of entities gathered together. In this case, `Ihilani Coffee gathers the best coffees we can find from single estate growers in a free market from each of the coffee regions on the Big Island. We do not mix coffees from farms in the same growing region. When we label "premium estate" that means a single coffee farm from that region. What you believe is up to you, and I sleep quite well knowing my truth.
I'm sorry, but your post said "we market single estate coffees" so if you are marketing coffee from say "ABC Farm" than that's what your web site should say. Since it doesn't, it means you are marketing coffee from unknown farms and locations under your own label. That's a "co-op" regardless of how you sleep. You admitted you don't have a coffee farm here, but your web site says you mix your own Puna coffee with other "single estate coffees," so that should make you sleep well. :) Bruddah, I don't give a heaping poop about what you sell, but I sure do care about what I buy, and I sure still remember that guy who was selling cheap Costa Rican coffee as 100% Kona Coffee here a few years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:25 am 
Kama

There are two separate issues here, the marketing of 100% estate coffees of the Big Island and fusion coffees. The estate coffees are just that, 100% from a single farm. You are certainly able to purchase other coffee and trust whomever you please. If you do not choose our coffee offerings that is perfectly fine with us. Tastes differ.

Interested to know which page you saw that says we mix 100% Puna with anything else? We would appreciate if you do not quote our website or words here unless you are correctly doing so. If there is an error on the website we are happy to correct it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:13 am 
Kama'aina

It's not that I don't care about other people's children. However, when you're asking me to support your business because you donate to children specifically in Malawai, you need to tell me why it's important. Not just presume that I have a belief system in Ohana and should feel the way you do about. I've got $X to spend on charitable causes, and everyone of them thinks they're the absolute most important cause. You're in effect asking me to spend a premium price on your product, more in some cases than if I go directly to the grower. If you can't do that, I'll spend my money elsewhere. That's money that I can't spend somewhere else - including on some charity that already has my attention.

Don't think of this as trying to put you on the defensive, but rather trying to highlight weakness in your marketing. For example, a couple weeks ago I bought one of the coffee's you sell at the grower for $5/pound cheaper (then saw it at Hilo Hatties for another $10 cheaper). I knew I'd pay a full price at grower - and that's OK. but for all I know, you're charging me an extra $5 - and giving kids in Malawi $1. And maybe the group you're donating too is scamming - more charities than you think are (I see it everyday in my work). See my point?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm 
Kona Kastoff

New Daddy wrote:
A couple weeks ago I bought one of the coffee's you sell at the grower for $5/pound cheaper (then saw it at Hilo Hatties for another $10 cheaper). I knew I'd pay a full price at grower - and that's OK. but for all I know, you're charging me an extra $5 - and giving kids in Malawi $1. And maybe the group you're donating too is scamming - more charities than you think are (I see it everyday in my work). See my point?
LOL, no wonder they are sleeping well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2