It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Royal Blue Shiny Bag of Goodness.....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:32 pm 
Kama

Hello to all CoffeeHeads!
I'm new to this forum and I'm so glad to be here.. I love all things Hawaii, that's for sure.. I can't wait to post some of the questions and comments I have about this wonderful place..
This morning though, I have to admit I have a hidden agenda.. I'm trying to find out the name of some wonderful coffee I got there in 2005 or so, and the only way to describe it (other than delicious) is to describe the bag it came in. It was a royal blue, shiny bag.......of wholeBean goodness!!! The company was a small, family owned setUp.. One of the best things is that they were totally into mail order, which helps me now that I'm no longer there.
If anyone knows of the coffee company I'm talking about please let me know.. You'll make someone very happy this morning!
Thanks in advance for any info you might have on this.. Looking forward to more posts on this very cool forum...!

Post subject: Re: Royal Blue Shiny Bag of Goodness.....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure if it is the same company but the place I am thinking of was a Mom and Pop Operation and I think they had blue or green shiny packaging. Their name was Rain Forest Coffee or Rain Forest Mist (Or something like that). If it is the same company they are no longer in business on the Internet. Don't know if they are still in business otherwise though.

Does this sound familiar?

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:29 pm 
Kona Kastoff

That's a hard one to crack if they only did mail order. I will check KTA for you next week, to see if there are any in a shiny blue bag, maybe they are into retail too now.

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:55 am 
Kama

Aloha Kona Dave and John..
I do appreciate your responses back.. Yeah, hard to track as in they were such a small company they just sold in small amts. to individuals but also did the mail order thing.. Such awesome coffee.........whole bean 100% Kona, roasted very dark (approaching Espresso but not quite).. Wondering if you guys have any preferences for coffee types that would be like the above. We're completely into dark roast here..
The names you mentioned KD didn't sound familiar at all, and I replicated this view with my girlfriend, who was actually the one that found this coffee to begin with.. Might just be a mystery lost to the sands of time, and to my failing brain cellsMon.. :)
If you guys happen to have anything else some to mind at any future point, please let me know..
So glad to be connected to Hawaii again.........even if it's only in this manner. This might just initiate another visit to the Islands.........which has been sorely needed and missed. Just in case you don't know, the mainland (at least where I live) is just a zoo of tension these days for all sorts of reasons.. Need some very laid back Hawaii time to reAdjust!
Thanks again..
Skyclad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 am 
Site Admin

skyclad wrote:
Aloha Kona Dave and John..
I do appreciate your responses back.. Yeah, hard to track as in they were such a small company they just sold in small amts. to individuals but also did the mail order thing.. Such awesome coffee.........whole bean 100% Kona, roasted very dark (approaching Espresso but not quite).. Wondering if you guys have any preferences for coffee types that would be like the above. We're completely into dark roast here..
The names you mentioned KD didn't sound familiar at all, and I replicated this view with my girlfriend, who was actually the one that found this coffee to begin with.. Might just be a mystery lost to the sands of time, and to my failing brain cellsMon.. :)
If you guys happen to have anything else some to mind at any future point, please let me know..
So glad to be connected to Hawaii again.........even if it's only in this manner. This might just initiate another visit to the Islands.........which has been sorely needed and missed. Just in case you don't know, the mainland (at least where I live) is just a zoo of tension these days for all sorts of reasons.. Need some very laid back Hawaii time to reAdjust!
Thanks again..
Skyclad

Well, we tried. What I will suggest is 100% Kau Coffee from the Kau District. I have some and it is darn good stuff. It has been voted the best tasting coffee and I have to say I agree.

My wife and I left the mainland (SoCal) in 2008 somewhat because we were feeling the same thing. We are very glad we did.

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 am 
Kona Kastoff

skyclad wrote:
Aloha Kona Dave and John..I do appreciate your responses back.. Yeah, hard to track as in they were such a small company they just sold in small amts. to individuals but also did the mail order thing.. Such awesome coffee.........whole bean 100% Kona, roasted very dark (approaching Espresso but not quite).. Wondering if you guys have any preferences for coffee types that would be like the above. We're completely into dark roast here.. The names you mentioned KD didn't sound familiar at all, and I replicated this view with my girlfriend, who was actually the one that found this coffee to begin with.. Might just be a mystery lost to the sands of time, and to my failing brain cellsMon.. :) If you guys happen to have anything else some to mind at any future point, please let me know.. So glad to be connected to Hawaii again.........even if it's only in this manner. This might just initiate another visit to the Islands.........which has been sorely needed and missed. Just in case you don't know, the mainland (at least where I live) is just a zoo of tension these days for all sorts of reasons.. Need some very laid back Hawaii time to reAdjust!
Thanks again..Skyclad
I have been drinking the same coffee for like 15 years now. Maybe even longer. http://hawaiianvolcanocoffee.com and they have a dark roast. In addition, they are organic, but they never bothered with the certification. It's a small family coffee farm, 17 acres.

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:52 pm 
Kona Kastoff

skyclad wrote:
I'm trying to find out the name of some wonderful coffee I got there in 2005 or so, and the only way to describe it (other than delicious) is to describe the bag it came in. It was a royal blue, shiny bag.......of wholeBean goodness!!!
Well, it seems there are five different ones being sold in a shiny blue bag! However, "Punaluu" is a Kau coffee, so we are down to four. Your choices are "Kona Joe Coffe" or "Kona King Coffee" or "Mongoose" or "Wailele Estate Coffee." Kona Joe" is large operation, so my guess would be one of the remaining three is what you are looking for.

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 am 
Malihini

IMHO, Hawaiian coffee, regardless of where it is grown, is way overrated. You pay for the "Hawaii" name. I buy my Vietnamese coffee over the web, cost half as much and twice as good anything grown here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:39 pm 
Kama

Sorry it took so long to get back with you guys on the BlueBag of Coffee issue.. Been out of town on vacay to SoCal.. Several days of driving in LA traffic will take it out of you, that's for sure.........but I don't remember the traffic being as bad as it was this time.. Maybe I'm just too old for that BS now.. LOL.. Took me several days to recoup...
Anyway, thanks to all of you guys for your efforts on this..........especially John R, who had the most suggestions for me to check out. I'm bummin' to say that none of those names rang a bell.. I can often be wrong though when it comes to "memory issues" so I Google Imaged each name.. Saw ALL of the blueBags you named and none of them were what we had back in the mid 2000's.. Really don't know where to go from here, unless it's going through old drawers and cabinets looking for the bag itself (I do recall saving one since it was so unique)..
Thanks again!
Mahalo,
Skyclad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 pm 
Kona Kastoff

skyclad wrote:
Sorry it took so long to get back with you guys on the BlueBag of Coffee issue.. Been out of town on vacay to SoCal.. Several days of driving in LA traffic will take it out of you, that's for sure.........but I don't remember the traffic being as bad as it was this time.. Maybe I'm just too old for that BS now.. LOL.. Took me several days to recoup...
Anyway, thanks to all of you guys for your efforts on this..........especially John R, who had the most suggestions for me to check out. I'm bummin' to say that none of those names rang a bell.. I can often be wrong though when it comes to "memory issues" so I Google Imaged each name.. Saw ALL of the blueBags you named and none of them were what we had back in the mid 2000's.. Really don't know where to go from here, unless it's going through old drawers and cabinets looking for the bag itself (I do recall saving one since it was so unique).. Thanks again! Mahalo,Skyclad
Sorry Bruddah, I guess I give up here! :) :) :)

75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 pm 
Malihini

Maybe you are looking for the Kopi Luwak coffe! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Paniolo Club wrote:
Maybe you are looking for the Kopi Luwak coffe! :lol:

That's crappy coffee!!!! :wink:

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]