It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 6 of 9 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Neighbors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 am 
Kona Kastoff

New Daddy wrote:
Frank Moderbacher wrote:
One tenth of price? You mean people who bought ;and there ten years ago lost 90% of their investments? Aren't real estate values supposed to go up? I know there are dips but that's more than a dip, that's a crash!
For further information, see Detroit, City of.
The first County Tax Sale I went to in 1999 had numerous Nanawale Estates lots listed, and they were sold for $2,400 each. They are selling for $3,000 to $5,000 now, so prices did go up. :lol: However, there was a peak of up to $40,000 during that 17 years (in 2005-2006).

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:22 pm 
Menehune

You couldn't scare us away from Nanawale Estates, we are closing on Monday, and will sleep there the first night. We drove around the subdivision several times, it's rural but populated enough to our liking. Pahoa with its stores is just a short distance away. Finally we can get away from our asshole neighbors in Kona Paradise! Nanawale here we come! :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:32 am 
Da Kine

Frank Moderbacher wrote:
You couldn't scare us away from Nanawale Estates,:bounce:

I remember watching a movie once that started this way....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:55 pm 
Malihini

haoleboy wrote:
There is no place I would rather live than our house here in Honokaa. We were too lucky to stumble onto it at the time, and we've made great friends with the locals in the community that we will miss.
However:
1) We now have a 3 year old grandson and 5 year old granddaughter that we don't want to miss out on. We had hopes that they would move here, but now realize it ain't gonna happen. My parents are also aging, and my brother could use some help keeping an eye on them.

2)My sweet retirement job is going south. Between imminent privatization of our facility, and the increasingly hostile work environment there, I have no confidence that I will get another 8-10 years there. My old employer on the mainland will welcome me back with open arms, substantially more money, and no games like they play here.

3) Stone Brewery in Escondido has an irresistible pull. Just kidding.

I see two valid reasons here. Number 2) is weak. When the retirement job goes south your supposed to RETIRE! Hello! :D

While I don't have grand kids I can see that Number 1 would be difficult. As for #3 it really isn't that valid as Hawaii does import beer from the other 49 states. But I do like Stone and Ninkasi IPA so I'll give it to you. Just make sure that Torpedo is cold when friends come to visit :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:22 pm 
Malihini

Got torpedo on the shopping list and it will be on ice. See you in a few days!

Good luck on your Puna adventure Frank!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm 
Malihini

Haoleboy, our business is in Vista, and one of our boys worked @ Ballast Point and still gets his discounts and does tours, so look us up when you get back. Would be fun to get together after all these years!

Aloha/Hasta La Vista,

Joyce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Haoleboy,

If it were me then Stone Brewery would be a big pull. :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

I wish you all the best in your move and new life. I never expected that Joyce and you would be the ones that would leave the island. I guess life has a way of interfering.

Joyce,

Ballast Point is second only to Stone IMHO. I have a few bottles of it in my frig as I type this. Especially since I can't get Stone here. Definitely, a different personality but I love everything I have had so far. Of course I can't get too many different types here. But it has taken over as my fav over here.

BTW, I love your new biz. Want an investor? :D :D :D

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:29 am 
Malihini

Thanks Joyce and Dave. As much as I will miss Honokaa, Im looking forward to enjoying some of the "conveniences" of North County. :occasion5:

Joyce, what kind of business do you have in Vista?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:31 am 
Site Admin

haoleboy wrote:
Thanks Joyce and Dave. As much as I will miss Honokaa, Im looking forward to enjoying some of the "conveniences" of North County. :occasion5:

Joyce, what kind of business do you have in Vista?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... irrigation :bom: :bom: :bom:

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm 
Malihini

We have really cool business :lol: :lol:

http://www.cannabisirrigationsupply.com/

https://www.facebook.com/CISIrrigationSupply/

The facebook thing pisses me off, they won't let us advertise because we are 'promoting a dangerous substance'. We have another site selling the exact same products to a general audience

https://www.facebook.com/thedripstore1/?fref=ts

And when they denied me I tried to explain this to the assholes but they wouldn't be swayed and refused to answer any more of my messages.

On a different note, I don't like IPA's, my preference is Mexican Beers, but the Stone Restaurant in Escondido has really good food and a nice wine list! Our office shares wall with Belching Beaver, and there are probably 10 more within 2 miles. You are right Haoleboy, San Diego is beer heaven!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:27 pm 
Malihini

Oh my! I would imagine that's quite a lucrative business.

You're reminding me that I'm going to need to refresh my irrigation skills. I haven't needed to irrigate anything here for years. It's been raining here daily for a week now. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:19 pm 
Menehune

Frank Moderbacher wrote:
You couldn't scare us away from Nanawale Estates, we are closing on Monday, and will sleep there the first night. We drove around the subdivision several times, it's rural but populated enough to our liking. Pahoa with its stores is just a short distance away. Finally we can get away from our asshole neighbors in Kona Paradise! Nanawale here we come! :bounce:
Our first night here was peaceful and quiet, except a couple of barking dogs. We have not met the neighbors yet, one has lots of junk in his yard, and one has a surveillance system, but that doesn't mean they are assholes, right :?:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:58 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Frank Moderbacher wrote:
Frank Moderbacher wrote:
Our first night here was peaceful and quiet, except a couple of barking dogs. We have not met the neighbors yet, one has lots of junk in his yard, and one has a surveillance system, but that doesn't mean they are assholes, right :?:
I know paranoid people who have a surveillance system in a gated condo, and while the crooks like to go for the easy prey, it will not deter them. Get a dog, a good dog, that will serve you better. I know many people on this forum prefer guns, so if you shot make sure your second shot goes to the air. That would be a warning shot. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 pm 
Malihini

If I lived in a neighborhood that required a surveillance system, I wouldn't live there.

I like John's suggestion of arming yourself. I would suggest an AR chambered for .300 AAC Blackout. Suppressed subsonic rounds are very quiet and effective. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:00 pm 
Keiki

Get in touch with the Tongans there, they are very good with baseball bats. Tell them to leave the the surveillance system alone, and go for the knees. :naka:

Page 6 of 9 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next