It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 7 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Neighbors
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:19 am 
Site Admin

haoleboy wrote:
If I lived in a neighborhood that required a surveillance system, I wouldn't live there.

I like John's suggestion of arming yourself. I would suggest an AR chambered for .300 AAC Blackout. Suppressed subsonic rounds are very quiet and effective. :)

I like the 300 BLK round a lot!!! There is a new round that I have been looking into and it appears promising. It's called the 25-45 Sharps. It is a 25 caliber bullet in the 45mm 223 case. But until it pans out I am keeping a large amount of 300 BLK ammo loaded and ready. :D :D :D

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:27 am 
Malihini

Interesting, but I'm tempted to build another upper (yet). Maybe if Santa Claus brings me a reloading press this year. Store prices for .300 BLK are ridiculous. I hope ammo costs are more competitive in CA.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:15 am 
Site Admin

haoleboy wrote:
Interesting, but I'm tempted to build another upper (yet). Maybe if Santa Claus brings me a reloading press this year. Store prices for .300 BLK are ridiculous. I hope ammo costs are more competitive in CA.

Yes, I see 300 BLK running at a buck a round or more. BTW, I get good results with Sierra 125gr SMK and Speer 130gr Hot Cor HP. And for practice I am using hard cast lead bullets in my 300 BLK. Yes you read that correctly. With the exception of the above mentioned 25-45 Sharps round I found an interesting reloading manual called the Lyman AR Reloading Manual. Which has loading data for every AR caliber made (except Sharps). Which includes loads using hard cast lead bullets. They work well and so far in 300 rounds without cleaning my AR runs perfectly still.

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:44 pm 
Keiki

Sounds like these are even better options than the Big Tongans! We don't have this kind of problem here, men fight it out in the open field, 'surveillanced' and cheered on by the women. I agree with haoleboy, I wouldn't want to live in such a neighborhood either. Those people are mentally sick and unstable. Stay away from them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:06 pm 
Da Kine

Never Fire a warning shot. Seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:05 pm 
Kona Kastoff

New Daddy wrote:
Oh sure you do! First you shot the guy and then you shot a warning shot in the air! (This used to be a joke in Hungary when I lived there.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:23 am 
Keiki

John S. Rabi wrote:
New Daddy wrote:
Oh sure you do! First you shot the guy and then you shot a warning shot in the air! (This used to be a joke in Hungary when I lived there.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's funny!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:17 pm 
Malihini

Frank Moderbacher wrote:
Frank Moderbacher wrote:
You couldn't scare us away from Nanawale Estates, we are closing on Monday, and will sleep there the first night. We drove around the subdivision several times, it's rural but populated enough to our liking. Pahoa with its stores is just a short distance away. Finally we can get away from our asshole neighbors in Kona Paradise! Nanawale here we come! :bounce:
Our first night here was peaceful and quiet, except a couple of barking dogs. We have not met the neighbors yet, one has lots of junk in his yard, and one has a surveillance system, but that doesn't mean they are assholes, right :?:
Nine days an counting, we are stll happy here, and no asshole neighbors either! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:43 pm 
Malihini

Frank Moderbacher wrote:
Frank Moderbacher wrote:
Frank Moderbacher wrote:
You couldn't scare us away from Nanawale Estates, we are closing on Monday, and will sleep there the first night. We drove around the subdivision several times, it's rural but populated enough to our liking. Pahoa with its stores is just a short distance away. Finally we can get away from our asshole neighbors in Kona Paradise! Nanawale here we come! :bounce:
Our first night here was peaceful and quiet, except a couple of barking dogs. We have not met the neighbors yet, one has lots of junk in his yard, and one has a surveillance system, but that doesn't mean they are assholes, right :?:
Nine days an counting, we are stll happy here, and no asshole neighbors either! :)
Just be patient and wait. They can't hide for forever, they eventually will show up, they always do! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 am 
Kona Kastoff

Frank Moderbacher wrote:
I supported the Nanawale Sports Program a while back, and they gave me a T-shirt. I still have it!
Attachment:
Nanawale.jpg
Nanawale.jpg [ 156.86 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

Typically Tropical Properties
75-5737 Kuakini Highway
Suite 202
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
johnrabi.com

This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: Click HERE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:00 pm 
Da Kine

I think that's a dress dude

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:04 pm 
Keiki

John S. Rabi wrote:
Frank Moderbacher wrote:
I supported the Nanawale Sports Program a while back, and they gave me a T-shirt. I still have it!
Attachment:
Nanawale.jpg

You should support our sports program here in Tonga too, we will gladly give you a T-shirt, or even a baseball bat!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 pm 
Malihini

New Daddy wrote:
Give him a break, maybe he was pregnant at the time! :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:13 am 
Site Admin

New Daddy wrote:

Hey Lay off of him. He could be transgendered. Okay, maybe not. I just wanted to say that. :D :D :D

Dave Brilliant
Kona Ka'u Realty
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:53 pm 
Malihini

Say whatever you want to say, we have been here for a month or so now, it's a decent subdivision with a community park. While we have not met most of the 1,800 residents living here, we did meet a couple of nice people. Yes, haoleboy was right, there are assholes here too, but I doubt most are. It's sure better than living right next door to the assholes in Kona Paradise! http://www.nanawale.com

Page 7 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next